The cooler months are upon Melbourne and that can only mean one thing – Winter Igloos are back at Australian Venue Co locations throughout the city! Winter Igloo Gardens create the ultimate private dining experience and will be in four venues, The Wharf Hotel, Station Hotel, The Auburn Hotel and Studley Park Boathouse.
The private igloos are perfect for catch ups with friends, date night, double dates or a celebration. Guests will stay cosy under the twinkling fairy lights in the winter inspired décor.
Available for groups of up to eight people (capacity varies with venue), the igloos offer different food and beverage packages, so there’s no reason for Melburnians not to try them all.
Food offerings include a sharing platter The Wharf Hotel, individually plated three course meals at Station Hotel, three course share-style menu at The Auburn Hotel and a winter high tea at Studley Park Boathouse. Prices from $52 and some venues offer upgrades such as bottomless drinks or dessert packages.
Igloo Gardens around Melbourne this winter:
The Wharf Hotel, 18-38 Siddley Street, Melbourne
Guests will get cosy beneath a sky of twinkling fairy lights on the banks of the Yarra while enjoying a sharing platter and warming drinks.
● From 21st May
● Two hours for 2-8 guests
● $59 per person includes sharing platter (either the Wharf Platter or Plant Based Platter)
● Plus a choice of two beverages (mulled wine, mulled cider, Hot Toddy, Espresso Martini, glass of house wine, pint of beer or cider)
● Upgrade also available – choice of chocolate Fondue and a choice of a Boozy Hot Choccie for $20 per person
● Kids 12 and under, $15. Includes choice of kids’ menu item, soft drink and ice cream. Guests should call reservations team on 03 9810 0097 should they wish to include kids in the booking
Station Hotel, 59 Napier Street, Footscray
Guests can get snug in the winter igloo garden while enjoying a scrumptious three course ‘feed me’ meal.
● From 17th May
● Two hours for 2-6 guests
● $75 per person includes an individually plated three-course ‘feed me’ menu (dishes include options such as Wagyu tartare, Cape Grim Scotch Fillet, Skin on Fries, House Salad, Sticky Date Pudding and more)
● Plus a drink on arrival ● For bookings including kids 12 and under, guests should call reservations team on 03 9810 0097
The Auburn Hotel, 85 Auburn Road, Hawthorn
Guests can cosy up for a delicious three course meal dining experience in a private winter wonderland.
● From 24th May
● 2.5 hours for 2-6 guests
● $69 per person, includes a winter cocktail on arrival and a share style, 3 course set menu with entrée, main and dessert
● Additional winter cocktails will be available at a special Igloo Garden price. For bookings with kids 12 and under, guests should call reservations team on 03 9810 0032
Studley Park Boathouse, 1 Boathouse Road, Kew
Winter Paradise Pods are the ideal spot to enjoy high tea on the weekends with scenic views of the Yarra River.
● From 14th May
● Two hours for 4-6 guests
● $52 per person – Winter High Tea including sweet and savoury bites and unlimited tea or coffee
● Option to upgrade to bottomless – $25 per person for bottomless spritz and mimosa package
If guests fancy another drink, they can simply order via the Australian Venue Co app thanks to Mr Yum, so there is no need to leave the igloo.
Bookings can be made via the individual venue websites or by calling the reservations team 03 9810 0097.
Winter igloo gardens are the perfect way to spend the colder season in Melbourne.